ORATORIO "EXODUS TRIADA"
For choir, symphony orchestra and soloists
Oratorio is a first attempt at a contemporary musical-literary interpretation of the biblical theme of Exodus through the prism of Jewish sources and world history.
As we see it now, over the past 200 years there have been no attempts of understanding this Bible theme in retrospect of music.
"Exodus Triada" is supposed to be considered in the broadest symbolic meaning as a way of Man's Deliverance, including the various stages of sacred history.
Duration of the oratorio - 60 minutes.
Oratorio consists of 3 parts:
· Prologue – prayer, salvation.
· The first - slavery in Egypt,
· The second - the Middle Ages, the Crusades, the pogroms,
· The third - pre-war Germany, the tragedy of fascism.
· Epilogue - prayer, salvation and Exodus.
Oratorio "Exodus Triada" was performed by the State Academic Orchestra of Svetlanov (artistic director Vladimir Jurowski) and Moscow state academic chamber choir under the direction of National Artist of the USSR Vladimir Minin.